After installing the new iOS 5on your iPhone, you might have noticed reduced battery usage time. In the Apple tech support hundreds of people have been complaining that their iPhone discharges within 7-8 hours after full charge, but before it used to work for a longer duration.
The owners of iPhone, experiencing similar problems, please note that using the device in below mentioned conditions may only always being close to the power supply. If you have an iPhone exhausting quickly on iOS 5, try the following steps to fix the issue.
Addressing the rapid discharge of the iPhone on iOS 5:
- Reset network settings : Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings; by doing this, the list of previously used networks and VPN settings not installed by a configuration profile are removed.
- Turn off Bluetooth : Preferences -> General -> Bluetooth -> Off;
- Turn off unnecessary notification widgets : Settings -> Notifications;
- Turn off the geolocation service : Settings -> Services geolocation -> Turn off unnecessary services;
- Shut down the set time zone : Settings -> Services geolocation -> Setting the time zone;
- Disable Ping : Settings -> General -> Restrictions -> Enable Restrictions -> Disable Ping;
- Disable anonymous sending of diagnostic data : Settings -> General -> About your device -> Diagnostics and use -> Do not send.
- Keep optimum brightness: Set brightness that does not effect you eyes nor your iPhone’s battery life
Another method, which eliminates the fast relaxation of the iPhone on iOS 5:
- Disable Email Accounts : Settings -> Mail, addresses, calendars -> Accounts -> Delete Account.
Then you need to reset the network settings (see paragraph 1), reboot your iPhone and add the account under Settings -> Mail, addresses, calendars -> Add.
This problem might not be encountered by all of you. Personally I also never felt that my iPhone 4 discharged in 7-8 hours after full charging. Do let us know how is iOS 5 going for you in the comments section below.