Sometimes your iPhone becomes slower or some applications or settings is not functioning properly, in that case restarting your device, force quitting any application or resetting your iPhone can help you out of the situation. Follow the steps to Restart or Reset your iPhone4:
Restarting iPhone 4:
- Press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
- Slide your finger across the slider to turn off iPhone.
- To turn iPhone back on, press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
Tip: Wait for 10sec before you restart your device. If you can’t turn off iPhone or if the problem continues, you may need to reset iPhone. A reset should be done only if turning iPhone off and on doesn’t resolve the problem.
Force quit an application:
- Press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until a red slider appears,
- Then press and hold the Home button until the app quits.
You can also force an app to quit by removing it from the recent list.
Remove an app from the recent list:
- Touch and hold the app icon until it begins to jiggle, then tap SUBSTRACT.
Removing an app from the recent list also forces it to quit.
The app is added to recent apps again the next time you open it.
Resetting/ Rebooting iPhone:
Press and hold both the On/Off Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.