If you want to switch from your old Android, Droid, or BlackBerry to your new iPhone, the only tension you will be having will be about moving the info stored on your old smartphone. Well, I am going to help you with it. After reading this post you will be able to move everything in your smartphone to your brand new iPhone.
There are various methods for doing it but the best one is doing it via iTunes.
- If you want to move music, movies, videos etc, copy everything from your old phone on to your desktop (let’s say).
- Now, add the folder to iTunes.
- After iTunes is finished up with adding everything into it’s library, connect iPhone via Data Cable.
- Open iPhone tab and sync whatever you want in your iPhone.
Syncing contacts, calendar and other information from your old device to your new iPhone via iTunes
- Plug in your old device to your PC and copy contacts, calendar entries or any other info via Microsoft Outlook, exchange or Mac address book onto your PC. This has to be done via PC Suites, depends on the device that you are using.
- Once the contacts are copied on to your PC, you can plug your new iPhone on to your computer.
- Open iTunes and open the info pane under the iPhone sync settings.
- Select the contact option, select copy all contacts or you can choose which contacts to copy.
Syncing Photos from your old device to your new iPhone.
- Copy the photos on your old device on to your computer and save it in a folder let’s say on desktop.
- Now, when you have copied all the pics, connect your iPhone.
- Open iTunes, go to iPhone pane and select Photos amongst the syncing option.
- It asks you to choose a folder, select the folder in which you saved all the pics from your old iPhone.
- Click sync when you have chosen the folder, iTunes first optimizes your pics and then syncs it up on to your iPhone.
- Tip: The next time you want to sync photos, you got to keep the folder or the pics from the new folder will replace the older ones and try keeping all your pics in one folder.
Other methods for copying contacts or calendar entries or other info include:
Google Sync, Yahoo! Sync, Exchange and HotMail. The methods for syncing are almost the same so, I am going to elaborate Google Sync for you.
This method can be used if you already have been syncing contacts, mail, calendar with Gmail or Google Account. Just make sure you sync all your recent contacts and other info from your old phone on to your account. To get the info onto your iPhone:
- Open settings on your new iPhone and go to Mail, Contacts and Calendars.
- Add your Gmail account to your iPhone, to do so simply tap add new account and select Gmail.
- After successfully setting up your account and verifying it, you can simply choose the items you want sync by turning those options on.
- A message will pop up asking you ‘what would you like to do with this data’ select replace your iPhone Data.